CATIA Magic, a Dassault Systèmes solution
CATIA Magic was created in 2018 when Dassault Systèmes acquired NoMagic, publisher of Cameo and MagicDraw software. Today, MagicDraw has become Magic System of Systems Architect, CAMEO_ Systems Modeler: Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer and CAMEO_ Enterprise Architecture has become Magic Software Architect.
What is CATIA Magic?
CATIA Magic is a software offer providing a MBSE solution (Model-based systems engineering). It is a collaborative tool based on a unique data repository that allows the design of complex multi-domain systems: mechanical, fluidic, thermal, electronic and software.
CATIA Magic enables you to create, collaborate and manage complex system specifications.
Download the free white paper on adopting MBSE and SysML for production development. You will learn what MBSE is, the stages of the product design life cycle, the different scenario tests and results, the benefits of MBSE and SysML, and what is Magic Cyber-System Engineer, also known as Cameo Systems Modeler.
White paper on the adoption of MBSE for production development
Current challenges and issues related to the CATIA Magic offer
Today, the development of complex systems can lead to :
- Late technical modifications during development
- Costly compliance with regulatory standards
- Cost and time overruns on design projects due to performance testing, maintenance and development.
Today, it is difficult to have a global vision and to collaborate properly: many documents are generated by the engineering teams during the design of products (global architecture, hardware components, software…) which can generate errors whose consequences are often reflected in the whole production chain.
Usually, engineering teams apply a systems engineering approach focused on documents, which can be time-consuming and sometimes painful to practice. Increase your productivity and your control of this complexity, thanks to the model-based systems approach (MBSE) by using the CATIA Magic offer, based on the SysML language and the MagicGrid method!
Case study of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
What are the benefits of CATIA Magic?
- CATIA Magic provides the transition from natural language specification to modeling, making it easier for engineering teams to understand the impacts of design changes
- Better risk management by setting up alternatives earlier in the system life cycle to reduce errors or oversights in product design
- Traceability of designs to determine the causes and impacts of changes
- Improved product quality
- Ensures the presence of all functions
Organization and communication
- Better understanding, communication and collaboration between the project actors who will be able to visualize the designed systems from several angles (design, product design)
- CATIA Magic’s SysML language enables the creation of interaction scenarios defined through an architecture represented by diagrams composed of steps and sequences.
- A better understanding for customer needed
- An improvement in productivity thanks to the capitalization and reuse of developments in a more standardized way
A collaborative approach
An MBSE tool such as CATIA Magic aims to move from a silo methodology to a global architecture before implementation.
This approach allows the development of a visual representation of the system in the transport (connected cars…), mechanical, mechatronics, high technology, energy and defense sectors, in order to facilitate the practice of system engineering. It aims to ensure that each component of the system is well modeled, to detect possible errors and to correct them as soon as possible.
Best practices with MagicGrid
CATIA Magic also provides best practices based on a methodology called the MagicGrid which was developed with a framework that is easily applicable and adaptable to the systems engineering practices of each industrial company. This methodology coupled with the different views of the system proposed by the tool becomes an essential support to design and optimize the systems of today and tomorrow.