Our technical consultants take part in large-scale international PLM implementation projects.
An industrial sector that is full of contrasts
On the one hand, there is increasing demand for large ships – with even stricter requirements with regard to time frames and quality. On the other, in the pleasure boat sector, the democratization of recreational activities is generating stiff competition regarding prices and product ranges.
Competition is a global phenomenon, market niches are numerous, and esthetic qualities and the customization of selection criteria are increasingly critical.
In order to be successful, manufacturers must:
- Produce stylish products to attract customers
- Stand out from the competition by providing a wide range of functionalities and excellent performance whilst keeping prices competitive and respecting the new environmental and safety standards
- Prove to the client that maintenance is easy and affordable. This point is increasingly important since customers know that owning this type of product requires a substantial budget.
KEONYS has developed special relationships with many customers and partners in the shipbuilding sector. Our technical consultants take part in large-scale international PLM implementation projects. They are experts in business practices and will provide you with the following consulting or operational services:
- Assessment of your information system and definition of a PLM roadmap and an implementation strategy.
- Implementation and adoption of your PLM information system through the integration of high-performance software and configured modules in order to address industrial challenges.
- Implementation of methodologies and good practices according to your industry, business operations and PLM projects.
- Post-deployment support and skills development via our technical support center and our training center.
In order to get ahead of the competition, provide new functionalities and renew product ranges more quickly, the entire sector is transforming these industrial processes and adopting new development methods for their boats and ships. The main challenges involve all of the segment's actors: naval architects, designers, shipyards and suppliers of systems or components.
Challenges for naval architects and designers
- Quickly design and propose styles with renderings, drawings and an interactive 3D mock-up.
- Collaborate and exchange project data with shipyards and owners in real time.
- Modify earlier designs and automatically update all data (drawings, calculations, Microsoft Excel tables, etc.) for greater reactivity.
- Compute hydrostatics, stability and weight distribution.
Challenges for shipyards
- Perform comprehensive detailed 3D design in collaboration with all the necessary professions.
- Eliminate the need for modifications and reworking due to poor quality during production.
- Standardize components for all products and across entire product lines.
- Better integrate subcontractors in the manufacturing process.
Challenges for large shipyards
- Manage scheduling and cost monitoring on an industrial scale.
- Anticipate and coordinate space reservation for all disciplines.
- Integrate the design and manufacturing systems of components with long cycle times.
- Respect lead times.
- Have a product development platform that facilitates simultaneous work and collaboration between the various actors in the development process.
- Design and analyze multidisciplinary 3D data, from structure to fluid circuits, in a single digital mock-up in order to ensure a "right first time" definition.
- Start the design very early on in the development cycle so as to anticipate and control manufacturing costs.
- Enable the project leader to provide a progress report on the design and performance of the product to all internal actors, clients and subcontractors throughout the development process.
- Ensure specification compliance.
- Maximize the re-use of components and design elements and standardize development practices in order to improve productivity/quality.
- Control impacts between several batches of work assigned to different businesses or subcontractors.
Thanks to its expertise in the shipbuilding sector, the success of transformation projects with manufacturers and to its partnerships, KEONYS can:
- Integrate 3D software featuring all the necessary functionalities in order to design, share and collaborate on complex projects. Our consultants will assist you with the implementation of optimized processes and good practices in order to accelerate your capacity for innovation and reduce design and manufacturing cycles.
- Implement and manage a single, standardized and secure engineering repository so as to collect and centralize all the data and product development processes of your teams and partners.
- The deployment of a PLM platform and real-time work will enable project leaders to provide governance, intervene quickly thanks to defined dashboards, and thus limit risks and costs.
Voulez savoir où en est votre entreprise dans sa transformation ? Notre questionnaire est fait pour vous :… twitter.com/i/web/status/91014…
Votre fidélité récompensée grâce au CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE PROGRAM. Pour plus d’informations cliquez ici :… twitter.com/i/web/status/90834…