The PLM solutions distributed and implemented by KEONYS provide a single platform for the structuring, rationalization and standardization of the different practices.
The aeronautical, space and defense sector is undergoing a major industrial restructuring; international collaboration has become vital and has given rise to large-scale European programs.
These programs have materialized as a result of the sharing of risks, costs, skills and expertise, and through a radical transformation of the concept of subcontracting. Development activities are now assigned to geographically-dispersed teams.
In addition, the complexity of products and on-board systems is constantly on the increase and delivery schedules are more and more ambitious.
KEONYS has developed special relationships with many customers and partners in the Aeronautical sector. Our technical consultants take part in large-scale international PLM implementation projects. They are experts in business practices and will provide you with the following consulting or operational services:
- Assessment of your information system and definition of a PLM roadmap and an implementation strategy
- Implementation and adoption of your PLM information system through the integration of high-performance software and configured modules in order to address industrial challenges
- Implementation of methodologies and good practices according to your industry sector, your business operations and your PLM projects
- Post-deployment support and skills development via our technical support center and our training center
In order to deal with these challenges, a spirit of collaboration is of prime importance; global expertise must be capitalized on and closer relationships built with customers.
The rationalization of development practices and the accessibility and sharing of product data at the correct level are increasingly crucial in order to determine the governance and smooth running of the programs.
Market globalization and systems specialization are giving rise to a redeployment of subcontracting and modes of commitment (risk-sharing, fixed-price design-and-build contracts). This entails optimizing the management of one's partners via collaborative platforms.
As a product development benchmark, digital mock-ups must increasingly incorporate a wealth of structure and content (issue management, design versions, project scenario outlines).
The main challenge of pluridisciplinary design is the development of complex mechatronic systems and the integration of an appropriate software dimension.
The issue of realistic simulation is fundamental, since a design error can have disastrous human and financial consequences. In the aeronautical and defense industry, design errors have critical human and financial consequences. What is required is a multiphysics simulation platform capable of supporting calculations in the fields of both mechanical strength and fatigue, and of controlling factors such as temperature and the heterogeneity of the materials used.
The manufacturing schedule and the feasibility estimate of support operations is always an increasingly difficult challenge to overcome, due to increasing product variance and technical modifications that accumulate as the program progresses.
The integration of business systems - from design to manufacture, and for all types of components - is a practice that all industry actors, be they manufacturers, systems suppliers or component subcontractors - are seeking to optimize.
The development of manufacturing or assembly processes directly within the PLM system is therefore becoming an industrial practice that needs to be CONTROLLED.
Traceability, standardization, reproducibility of processes, indicators and quality audits are concepts that require tools in order to achieve the mandatory quality standards in the aeronautical and defense industry sectors.
The deployment of KEONYS PLM solutions makes it possible to build, implement and manage a global method for introducing new innovative products to the market, by improving:
- Assessment of your information system and definition of a PLM roadmap and an implementation strategy.
- The implementation and adoption of your PLM information system through the integration of high-performance software and configured modules in order to address industrial challenges.
- Implementation of methodologies and good practices according to your industry sector, your business operations and your PLM projects.
- Post-deployment support and skills development via our technical support center and our training center.
Rather than considering these challenges separately, the PLM solutions distributed and implemented by KEONYS provide a single platform for the structuring, rationalization and standardization of the various practices to be implemented in one database, allowing each of these processes to use the product data and ensuring a better management of:
- Governance: contracts, program execution and requirements and product configuration
- Suppliers: RFPs/RFQs, supplier qualification, standard parts and supply conditions
- Digital mock-ups: all product variations, assembly/disassembly simulations, kinematics, physical integrity of the mock-up (interference management), issues and design reviews
- Pluridisciplinary design: mechanical parts (machined parts, bowed sheet metal, etc.), composite assemblies, optimization loops by transparency analysis, electrical systems (3D wiring) and electrical diagrams, hydraulic and mechanical systems, modelling of physical devices and connection with electronic systems and on-board software
- Simulation: flight and internal loads, dynamic, multiphysics, force analysis, kinematics, composite materials
- Manufacturing and maintenance: manufacturing and assembly processes, tool design and optimization, maintainability analysis, support products